Set in World War 2 era Pacific theatre, Navy Challenge offers the player to command the US, Italian, Japanese or Chinese fleet.
On a board divided in cells, you play turn by turn and shall sink all enemy ships before your opponent sinks your fleet. The ships placed on the board are in isometric 3D and show superb fire special effects when damaged.
The more you progress across levels, the more powerful the Artificial Intelligence will be.
Completing levels also unlocks special weapons for each ship and offers additional tactical moves:
- Cruise Missile (Frigate) : vertical attack which explodes when the missile hits a cell with a ship
- Torpedo (Submarine) : horizontal attack which explodes when the missile hits a cell with a ship
- Air Strike (Aircraft Carrier) : damages all cells in the selected 3x3 zone
- Radar (Battle Ship) : temporarily reveals the enemy ships in a 4x4 zone
- Move Ship (TUG) : allows to move an undamaged ship to a new position
Of course, if a ship is damaged, you have no longer access to the associated weapon